Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hawaii: Episode 5 - The House

Now we had actually been staying at the house this whole time but this is the first chance we got to take pictures and just relax. We spent the whole day at the house just enjoying the fact that we lived in a rainforest. I'll try and show you the main parts of the house through video.


We loved staying at the house. It was beautiful and peaceful. Well, okay. Sometimes the rainforest sounds creeped me out at night.. Like rain dropping on the roof, fish jumping, the wooden house settling, or worst of all wilds pigs walking past the bedroom window. They walk heavy and sound like people and they breath really heavy. Heavy enough that you can hear them through the window. Now the house was really secure. It was out in the middle of nowhere, in a rainforest, with a gate and padlock blocking the trail that leads to the house. Nevertheless, at night my mind runs away with me.

Another thing about the house: geckos. I meant to take pictures of all the geckos around the house, but I forgot. There was a decorative gecko set on the wall or ceiling of every room. The reason I bring up these little critters is because Andrew and I had a funny story about them. So one morning Andrew and I are calmly eating breakfast. I've already poured my bowl and am taking my first bite and Andrew begins to pour his bowl when WHAM a gecko JUMPS OUT of his bowl and onto the floor. Needless to say Andrew and I were both startled. We have no idea if he was just hanging out in the bowls in the cupboard and we failed to see him when we got the bowls out or if he managed to get into the cereal box and Andrew just poured him out. Now that I think about it, the cereal box is probably more likely since he would have moved as we carried the bowls. Funny huh?

These are some beautiful Hawaiian flowers that Andrew's mom had the landlord leave for us:


She also left us some fresh papaya and pineapple. What a great welcoming to the house!

Anyway, we loved this day just because it was so relaxing.

1 comment:

Testing.