Friday, May 25, 2012

Apartment Updates

It's not as boring as it sounds, I promise! First: remember how we had no chairs for the table? False! We picked up the barstools Grandma Cherrie and Grandpa Dave gave us and they work perfectly. So one problem solved. Thank you guys!


Second, Andrew and I have become first class inventors. I give you the garbage lift! (Okay, so I need to work on the name . . . but I'll keep thinking.)

In case you don't understand what exactly we did here, I will now brag about our ingenuity. We live (or rather I will live) in the attic of this old house. It's actually really nice, but one of the annoyances we've found is having to go up and down the stairs to take the garbage out. Okay, really it shouldn't be a problem right? I bet even going down the stairs we would walk less than some of you to your garbage can. NONETHELESS! We have fixed this by putting a small hole in the lid of the garbage can, screwing in a little hook, and tying a really cool knot (Andrew is actually very proud of this part. He found the knot on the internet and taught himself how to do it) thus attaching the lovely bright orange rope to our balcony. Now all we have to do is pull on the rope from our balcony and drop the trash down. Perfect!

3 comments:

  1. Improved cinch knot, OH YEAH! Kenzie, you are so amazing for blogging about these kinds of things. These will make for invaluable memories in the coming years! Thank you! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this as I walked by the other day and literally laughed out loud. Brilliant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOw does it disassemble for garbage day? Is it easy?

    ReplyDelete

Testing.