Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Success! A lunch.

So maybe I shouldn't feel nearly as proud of this afternoon as I do, but today I made an edible meal. Drum roll please . . . . Mac and Cheese! Yes, I know something every five year old knows how to make - but understand that in this new apartment cooking is a new challenge. I swear the apartment should have come with a warning label: "Warning: Living here may inspire fierce bouts of creativity and/or ingenuity." Somehow I have only two pots (both of which were slightly too small to make the Mac and Cheese), no caulender, and no dishing spoon. Solution: Less water to make the mac and cheese fit in the pot, using a tiny strainer (as in one for a cup) to dump out the water, and a measuring cup for a dishing spoon. Despite smelling a little weird, the Mac and Cheese tasted good. We did add salt, pepper, and garlic, but that's irrelevant. Still not sure why the smell though.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we have no table. Well we have a fold out table but no chairs so it's pretty useless right now. Solution:


The linoleum by the front door as a table and sitting on the squishy carpet. Hey, it works.

Oh by the way, the drink is the yummy lemonade from Costco - however this time I let some frozen raspberries sit in it all night. Andrew, sweetheart that he is, said that it tasted really good, but next time I'm going to add more powder. It had a sour, water downed taste to me. Although success: it did taste like raspberries (which are only the berries of the gods.)

Slowly progressing meal wise don't you say?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kenzie, I'm so impressed. You're such an awesome, wonderful, absolutely fantastic chef. Gourmet chef #1++. You're a chip off the old block! Love Grandma!

    ReplyDelete

Testing.