Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Scriptures: Insight on Joy, Faith, and Science

So today for family scriptures and prayer we were reading in 2 Nephi - good chapter. It's one where Lehi is talking to his sons. And I thought of one of my favorite scriptures: verse 25 -  "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." This is my bad day scripture. Whenever I'm feeling like a sourpuss (which if you ask my family is more often than I'd like to admit), this scripture reminds me that Heavenly Father didn't send us here on earth to be miserable. We're supposed to be happy. It's like a commandment! Anyway, maybe that'll perk your day up too.

Also there was this other verse that got me thinking: verse 13 - "And if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery. And if these things are not there is no God. And if there is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to act nor to be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away."

This is a common argument in our world right now - there is no God thus I can do whatever I want. But I think they stop with there is no God. Because of science people think they can explain away how the world is made. For me, science builds my testimony. As I learn about all of the complicated workings of the world around me I can't help but think that God is amazing! My God not only understands all of the laws of nature but uses them to build. My God knows more than we know now, can explain things we can't, and understands the intricacies of the things we do. My God uses the laws of nature to create. And to me, this is amazing. Anyway, just my thought. I wish I could say I came up with all of this on my own, but Dad was the one who sparked this thought. However, this really is my testimony. Science is a basic building block of my faith.

Have a good day! Remember, you're here to be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Testing.